Learn How To Avoid 4 Carpet Cleaning Rip-Offs
If you’re looking for a professional carpet cleaner but have never had carpets cleaned before or have experienced poor service with carpets that looked just as bad after they have been cleaned, then read on to learn how to avoid 4 carpet cleaning rip-offs.
I wrote this after our experience of being in the cleaning industry for many years. Our aim is to help you better understand carpet cleaning. Now with this information, you can make an informed, intelligent decision.
If you have any questions about carpet or upholstery cleaning, you’re invited to call us on [acf field=”telephone_number”]. We’ve dedicated our business to educating consumers. We’ll be happy to help you in every way.
- RIP-OFF # 1: UNBELIEVABLY LOW PRICE.
- To some degree, all of us are attracted by low price because we want to work within a budget. But some cleaners use price as the bait for their false and misleading advertising. They offer cheap price usually between £ 5.00 and £ 15.00 per room- and then, once they’re in your home, they pressure you into buying “add-ons” It’s as if you were buying a car and found that the dealer was charging extra for the tyres and steering wheel. Carpet cleaning is not as cheap as some unethical carpet cleaners would like you to believe.
- RIP-OFF # 2: BAIT AND SWITCH.
- Dual process cleaning describes the process of shampooing or heavy pre-conditioning, followed with hot water extraction cleaning. Unfortunately, unethical carpet cleaners often use dual process as a bait and switch technique. Here’s how it’s done: First, they “bait” you with a basic cleaning (single process) at an unbelievably low price. Then, when you call, they try to “switch” you to more expensive dual-process cleaning. If you don’t fall for their switch and choose their basic service, you’ll likely receive poor workmanship using little or no chemical and they will not guarantee their work. You may have seen this on BBC’s Watchdog not too long ago, you can read all about it by www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/.
- RIP-OFF # 3: UNSUPPORTED CLAIMS. “THIS CLEANING METHOD IS THE BEST.”
- You’ll read this in almost every ad. You’ll hear this from virtually every carpet cleaner. Remember this: The method that’s best for you is the method that achieves your goal. If you want a method that dries quickly, then a method that takes a long time to dry isn’t the best for you. So before you choose a carpet cleaner, identify your objectives. Then select the method that best reaches those objectives.
- RIP-OFF # 4: OUTDATED BELIEFS. “HOT WATER DAMAGES YOUR CARPET.”
- Years ago people believed this was true because their carpets were damaged by “technicians” who didn’t know how to properly clean using hot water. But today, we know it’s false. By washing and then rinsing your carpet with hot water, your carpet is thoroughly cleaned-in the same way that a person who showers and then rinses off the dirt and soap will be much cleaner than the person who takes only a sponge bath is. Obviously, each carpet cleaner will be biased toward his own method. And each method does have advantages. So I suggest you look to what carpet manufactures say.
If you need help with your carpet cleaning needs then call our friendly team on [acf field=”telephone_number”] and we’ll be happy to help. Why not read some of the comments below that we receive from our clients on a regular basis.
At Bailey’s Floor Care, not only do we go all out to provide great looking carpets but also a fantastic service on top of that. We’ve been providing professional carpet cleaning in Leicester, Derby, Nottingham & surrounding areas for nearly 20 years. Nothing is too much for our clients and we find that this attitude towards who we are and what we do is what keeps our clients coming back time and time again. So if this is the sort of service you would like and you want your carpets cleaned then please contact our friendly team on [acf field=”telephone_number”].